1. What is a nicotine patch?
It is a transdermal patch applied to the skin that gives your body small amounts of nicotine to help you overcome your nicotine addiction.
2. Can I use a nicotine patch if I am pregnant?
It is FDA Class D: There is positive evidence of human fetal risk based on adverse reaction data from investigational or marketing experience or studies in humans, but potential benefits may warrant use of the drug in pregnant women despite potential risks.
3. Is the nicotine patch FDA approved?
4. Any restrictions with nicotine patch use?
Nicotine gum is not controlled as tobacco products.
5. Instructions for nicotine patch use:
8 to 10 weeks of use
Reapply a patch every 24 hours. Do NOT smoke while using this patch as it can lead to nicotine overdose.